Translate

Saturday 7 December 2019

ok so I'm not dead

I know it's been a long time. But a lot has happened. 
For a start that bottle of whiskey may have been a mistake. My use of alcohol to sleep got a bit out of control. Well a lot out of control. I became heavily alcohol dependent.
Now on top of that or rather causing that was ongoing lack of any focus in life. No partner. No work. No nothing.
I became, and remain, a shut in. With a typical cptsd mix of entity and depression using alcohol to sleep with no dreams. Eventually after a long time of telling people I wasn't coping I got an urgent visit from MHT. Who tried to get me in to a psychiatric ward. They failed. Next day they visited again to find me trying to hang myself. So they took me to A and E as an alcoholic. I went into the ward to be dried out.
I'd almost finished the taper when I was coming back from the cafe and I had a stroke in the corridor. Right side stopped working. Voice slurred and slow. This being Ipswich Hospital I had to crawl back to the ward. Where they accused me of drinking searched my bag found some old prescription drugs and said I was high. For 3 days I tried to get them to help. I had to threaten to shit the bed to get a commode. 
This treatment stressed me beyond measure. I was eventually bullied into a meltdown. All my meltdowns are suicide attempts. So they sectioned me.
Treat a stroke by sending patent to a different hospital with no medical staff. Nice.
Anyway eventually I am kicked out for not looking mad. Because I'm autistic. Remember I was supposed to be in there anyway.
After a week at home got in to Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton where they said yep that's a stroke.
By the way my teenage daughter had told them all I'd had a stroke as she had seen the adverts.
So that's a snapshot of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment