Translate

Tuesday 12 May 2015

sailing hardships through broken harbours

So today was a nothing day. Yesterday was packed with drama and shite. Some nice bits.
Managed to gym a bit. Am getting to the point where i can actually chin up without the assist on which is nice.
Situation at home is crap. Am being shouted at for no reason. I really dont know whats going on and its making me very sad and anxious.
Todays bakes are biscuits. The first one is garibaldis based on this delia recipe.
Then we have two variations on rubbed biscuits.
Oven 180c
7oz sr flour
4oz butter
4oz caster sugar
3oz brown sugar
Pinch salt
1 egg yolk
1tbs malt extract
A little milk if you need it.
Combine dry ingredients. Rub butter in to make crumbs. Bring it together into a stiff dough using malt extract and yolk. And a little milk if you need it.

Plain sheldon biscuits...roll out and cut using sheldon cutter.

Fruit biscuits...knead handfulls of raisins and apricot cubes into the dough. Roll into a sausage then slice into discs.

For both cook until golden brown and firm.

So..the date went well. They are nice. We talked and had coffee. There was kissage.

This was date no 2. I worry that they may be hurt. Getting involved with me is not a good idea and i think they are looking longer term. I am just thinking a day at a time.


Ps a free virtual coatimundi to the first person who knows the song...

18 comments:

  1. Sailing heart-ships
    thru broken harbors
    Out on the waves in the night
    Still the searcher
    must ride the dark horse
    Racing alone in his fright.
    Tell me why, tell me why

    In other commentary:

    1. Why no gift boxed-mustelids awaiting my return home?
    2. Is that a pseudo-Garibaldi biscuit that I see to the right of the Emma Bridgewater plate?
    3. My personalised Coatimundi best served dipped in dark chocolate fank 'ou.

    Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes its a gari. Follow link to delia recipe. Rather nice.
    Did the mustelids not arrive? Damn ups.
    Did you want the coati ginger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps..YOU listen to Neil Young.? YOU? Itll be Janis next...

      Delete
    2. Inky of COURSE I don't listen to Neil Young! I am actually listening to Purcell at present - Trevor Pinnock & Christchurch College choir - some religious stuff.

      Suspect ginger & chocolate flavoured mustelids delivered to mystified neighbour. ♥

      Delete
  3. Just waving to say I'm still here and rooting for you Inky. Also had good news yesterday from scan and oncologist - main tumour shrunk again, sacro-iliac mets completely disappeared. Looks like I'm gonna be annoyingly around for a bit longer...
    Lys x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is great to hear!

      Delete
    2. That is good news. tumour can fuck off. Sooner we learn to miaturise kittens so they can go in and pounce on cancer the better.

      Delete
  4. 'Sailing hard ships through broken harbors'
    Aand we're back to the student physiotherapist again.

    Stay aware of the possibility of hurting someone, keep kissing on a day-to-day basis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On date 2, the other person is maybe (hopefully) just taking one day at a time too, at this early stage? Even if their end aim is longer term. Not necessarily mutually exclusive...

    Though I am a pathetic source of dating advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. problem is explaining you are v fucked up and can give no long term guarantees is like that thing where someone in a miniskirt sits down and you get a flash of gusset. Acts as a hypnotic lure.

      Delete
    2. Ah yes, I see. I think though this might be a case where all you can do is be honest and trust your own motivations. And hope that the other person has internalised Captain Awkward's advice of "When someone tells you what they are like, believe them".

      This whole business of "I know they're telling me this, but *I* can change them/they'll change their mind/etc" always strikes me as both a little immature, and disrespectful. But then I try to take people at face value until they prove otherwise, and hope people believe I'm telling them the truth also...

      Which may be why I'm single!

      Delete
  7. Am I the only person who reads 'comment has been deleted by the author' and wants DESPERATELY to know exactly what that comment was?

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. egbert accidentally published details of their plan for apocalyptic cuntricide. they had to delete it before the guvmint saw it.

      Delete
    2. Knowing egbert, it probably involved crack troupes of mustelids, armed to the teeth with rock hard Garibaldi biscuits. Backed up my a vicious band of sharpened kittens.

      Delete
  8. those garibaldis are fucking yum by the way

    ReplyDelete