Translate

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Betty davies eyes...

Monday we went walking at Priddy. I am a bit shocked at how late some plants are. There were still bluebells out ffs and this should be nearly orchid time. Still we walked around through the mineries, then up through the two barrow cemeteries. Not hot day but enough to give oliver his first taste of suntan. Saw a dead sloworm and much frog action.
So Monday night asI said I was round at Cheries with her and Mr Cherie. She served a lovely meatball tagine and we played Cards Against Humanity. We talked long and late. Cherie may be going through jobchange too but is in rather a better position. She was always tougher than me.
It was very good to see her, and to see her happy. She and MrCherie seem to have an accord.
So then yesterday I woke with a slight headache and thought i would sleep it off.
OMG.
I think this was my first migraine in 25 years. Photophobic, head bursting, vomiting. Well retching because i can no longer vomit due to lack of stomach.
Gentle reader have you ever vomited without a stomach?
Dont
Poor old foal. We were meant to be driving back so that she could be home for her birthday. I couldnt move all day. So foal had  a small party here with more to come.
So happy birthday to foal.

5 comments:

  1. This is not the time for me to bang on about Half Man Half Biscuit lyrics, so many happy returns to foal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Foal, and sorry to hear of migraine misery. I think unless you have them yourself, you cannot envisage just how awful they are (and I have a stomach, well maybe two, as I ruminate so much).

    Cathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Panorama is mendip from atopthe priddy nine barrows btw

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Priddy area is stunning. My first husband was from Ashcott, near Glastonbury, and during visits there in the early 70s I had the opportunity of watching the Sweet Track excavations at Shapwick.

    V sorry indeed about your migraine but glad you had a good time with Cherie and Mr Cherie.

    And woot! Happy birthday to foal! Does that make her 10 now?

    Lx

    ReplyDelete