Translate

Friday 15 May 2015

Serpent of the Nile, relieve me for a while....

So today I started work on a presentation for Copenhagen next week.  I havent done much but at least it is a start and I know what I want to say.
My brain is pretty much of the opinion that I shouldn't do it though.  Will not let me concentrate at all.
This is partly a reaction to a very bad day with Foal yesterday.
So I went to the gym.  I did a pretty good workout but my joints are now really fucked. shoulders are totally disfunctional. cannot raise arms above 30 degrees.  everything hurts. I think both properly subluxed.  my ribs are also out i think and lower spine not faring well.  hips flaring in sympathy.

Very very tempted to hit the opiate button.
Mrsinky and foal are out.  I took foal down to meet mrsinky so they could do nandos and cinema.  Mrsinky is going with two workmates.  She asked me to join them but I couldnt cope.  I couldnt turn up and be there with her and not with her.  I couldnt go along as if we were a family.  I couldnt go along and pretend it was normal.  this isnt normal.  this is wrong.  I chickened out, and drove bacck.. I cried all the way home.
Ive been texting my unfortunate date quite a lot.  Due to meet them tomorrow but have been being very needy tonight.  This seems not to have put them off.    I am due to see them tomorrow night.
maybe I should cancel and run.  for their sake.

Stop press. Date has to go to southamton instead. Sad lonely horse is sad and lonely.

6 comments:

  1. As Churchill said, 'When you're going through Hell, keep going'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the zebra etiquette on hugging? I feel like a (slightly more sympathetic) Blackadder confronted by Mr. Ploppy sometimes.

    I like the cut of your date's jib personally.If I were the sort to throw my tuppence about, I'd say see them tonight. Also, of course the lily doesn't know, it's a bleeding flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went through Hull once, and applied the Churchill doctrine with great zeal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He also had the motto - KBO. Keep Buggering On.

      Delete
  4. The whole idea of avoiding people to "protect them from you" is a really terrible one - It's not as if other people have no idea of what you're like or of what being around you entails, and it's horribly infantilising to suggest that a grown adult is so emotionally fragile and/or clueless that casually dating you for a little while is going to break them.

    Unless you're actively pretending that you want this to be a long-term-forever-flavoured relationship, he's not going to expect it to be one. Let him make his own decisions - All you have to decide is "Do I want to see him tonight?"

    ReplyDelete