Translate

Saturday 30 May 2015

dont it always seem to go

it turns out that the scapulothoracic joint or scapulocostal joint is one of those things you dont know what you got till its gone.  Joni mitchell bit me in the back tonight.  I was making more garibaldis (nom) and experimenting again towards rich tea (ack.  so near but so far) after a day of activity.
To be honest my day health wise has been a warning of sorts.  i havee had neurasthenial episodes and also a lot of trouble with my temporomandibular muscle group in exhaustion.  And visual distortions and disautonomia.  Ive been worried this heralds a downturn.  or given migraine the other day something worse.
mrsinky is out tonight and i am on sole foal duty.  so we did pasties aerlier to go with soup (cheese, onion, potato and thyme flower in one, pear sage and stilton in the other) which nommed.  as soon a foal hit bed I started biscuiting.
Anyway i bend down to get them out of the oven and the scapulocostal on the right pops upwards and sticks.  I hit the floor, still holding hot biscuit tray.
did you know you move your shoulder to stand upright.  i now walk like a lower case r.  it is...awkward.
fuck this disease in the arse

4 comments:

  1. It's my right scapulothoracic that's got me crying in and out of accident and emergency every month at the moment. Feels like someone's taken a petanque ball, heated it up until it glows, then crowbarred it in under your shoulderblade, right?

    Things that make it better-ish - Lying flat on back with shoulderblades pulled in together (done by hand if needed) arms by sides,elbows bent at 90 degrees as if you're carrying two coffee mugs, then hold a belt/theraband between the hands and pull apart. Repeat a few times until the pain gets completely screamingly horrible for a few seconds, then suddenly feels a bit better.

    Other one is holding arms in same position, but whilst standing up, with a theraband stretched between the hands, and then moving the whole arms up and down (keeping the elbows bent) as if you're doing really odd lat pulldowns. But the direction of force is the thera trying to pull your hands together, not pulling down a weight.

    Fuck shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If one of my igors had designed the shoulder i would eviscerate it as an example to others.
      Yep hot balls and not good way...

      Delete
  2. Occasionally, I kid myself that I have some understanding of your life Inky.Then something like this pops up to show me I've not got a bloody clue.

    I shall do some research on disease buggery to see if that helps. Best to start off small I think, I going to finger the common cold and work up from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new verb 'biscuiting'. It reminds me of when cats knead your legs, hoping that if they pummel you hard enough, milk will be produced. It's never worked yet, but that seems not to put them off. :)

    ReplyDelete