Translate

Sunday 10 May 2015

****hums "come to me, my melancholy baby"

So  yesterday was almost a write-off.  Spent most of it on the sofa with shoulderbadness and deep depression.  Mrsinky was out watching the football and Foal was round at a friends after Band Camp.
I went to pick them up.
The kid is a lovely little lad, big eyes, worships foal.  parents loaded, she has my permission to marry him.  But I was green with jealousy of the father.  3 handsome sons, money, loving wife, good looking.  Not his fault but it  is like the universe rubbing my nose in my inadequacy.
i managed to mow the front lawn just about but only by locking shoulders.  back lawn- wll lets give it a day...
I made bread last night using a sourdough starter i kept over the last few days.  it was ok but the starter is clearly not good.  nasty aftertaste.  certainly not worth the effort.
Then i tried to make some biscuits.  Real problems there- recipe called for 1 tbs baking powder.  i thin it meant 1tsp.  tasted like drain cleaner.
And so to bed with cat, zopiclone and gin and tonic.
ths morning argued with foal who has inherited her mothers hatred of b and w films.  However now settling down to watch.  I mean Some Like It Hot is entry level.

3 comments:

  1. Film noire...Bogart and Bacall, it's all to come for Foal. But at the right time! Be patient with the Youngling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do do do de doo-dy doo!
    Do do doo diidy doooo.

    I taunt your cooking with a sax intro, and must tell you Sherlock Holmes wants you off his street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerry Rafferty? Billy Connollys old backing band...

    ReplyDelete