Translate

Thursday 14 May 2015

So many dead ends, I’m at the edge of the lake Sometimes I wonder what it’s gonna take

Not all at Inky Towers continues well.
This is, of course, an understatement.  Mrsinky is hella stressed at work and has an injury to boot which is leaving her...well shall we say short tempered.   This has made living with her more than ususally hurtful and stressful.
Foal is picking up on this and reacting by being extra awful.  She really was unbelievable this morning.
Im stuck in the middle.  last night i was sat there trying desperately to hang on.  wanted to go out but had nowhere to go.  wanted to get blind drunk just to make it stop.  In the end went to bed, zopiclone plus triple vodka tonic made the world go away.
but this is total shit.

7 comments:

  1. And I'll stroll on up the west coast
    Through villages and towns
    I'll be on my holidays
    They'll be doing their rounds
    They'll ask me how I got her I'll say
    I saved my money
    They'll say isn't she pretty
    That tent called Dignity

    Deacon Blue(ish), far more influential on popular culture than that Dylan fella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleb.

      anyway more of a bivvybag than a tent...

      Delete
    2. Pleb? I'm barely Peregrini me :)

      My camping experience has roughly followed the trajectory of the Mini design. Initially lightweight, simple and cheap, the years have added bulky (comfortable) extras. I sometimes glance with a flush of envy at a bunch of kids on site having a great time with nowt but a pup tent with an enamel mug. To be fair, this is generally followed by easing my arse back into a very comfy windproof chair in front of a roaring cast iron firepit, under a canopy, and opening a still chilled cheeky chablis.

      Don't forget to scoop out hip and shoulders holes if you're really roughing it.

      Delete
    3. sir forgets EDS gives me a memoryfoam body, dislocates to match terrain

      Delete
    4. My God! I'm on the edge of something huge here, huge. A top secret gub'mint experiment to develop a breed of super soldiers, able to sleep in any terrain and retain fighting efficiency, abandoned only due to the subjects' propensity for shagging each other rather than fighting.

      i may already know too much.

      Delete
    5. Keep an eye out for randy, bendy supersoldiers appearing at your bedroom window...

      Delete
  2. Camping is unspeakable. I need at least one en-suite bathroom. Our hotel in the New Forest last year had two!

    ReplyDelete