Translate

Friday 8 May 2015

Physical, physical, i wanna get physical...

So today am was physio.
As ever attractive young fit person. Spent a long time explaining eds and letting him write it down. Took ages to tell me my shoulder unstable between the anterior and medial deltoids. Which was what I told reception 2 weeks ago.  We then did the beighton warp of course. 5/5on old criteria.
I have been given some exercises but it took a while to get acoss that proprioceptive deficit means i cannot feel when the exercise is right. Without a mirror or a marker I am fucked. So I had to get him to demonstrate a few times to analyse it. Bonus being feeling up toned young thing while they exercised.
Thoracic spine is stiff, probably spasm. They diagnosed this by having me lie face down then bouncing on top of me.
Hve been given more therabands. The physio latex fetish continues unabated. Anyone slept with a physio? Is it as rubbery as I suspect?
Anyway next stop is psychologist this afternoon. Psychologists and i have a stormy relationship. They think I am awkward. I think they are quacks who flunked med school and took up snake oil. Not hopeful of good outcome. Hopefully this evening will be better.

2 comments:

  1. I have slept with a student physiotherapist. Her hymen was remarkably resilient as I recall, practically needed a run up in the end. It was at this point we shattered the mystique of the moment by collapsing into giggles, deciding instead to have a snack* and listen to some tunes** for the rest of the evening.

    Lack of proprioception could be either very awkward or a huge boon in an orgy. I wonder if the octopus I saw once with those nice Japanese ladies had a similar experience?

    *Cheese and beans on Bird's Eye Potato Waffles.
    ** Taped copy of The Rolling Stones' Greatest hits, Vol 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I feel so excluded from this conversation. Hee hee.

    Seriously, inky hope this afternoon goes well. And that it is not an awkward encounter.

    Psychologists are not related to psychiatrists btw, so they are not quacks who flunked medical school. Respect them, maybe they'll respect you! I know I know I am a tiresome old housemother but the Transactional Analysis mantra of 'I'm OK; you're OK' dies hard.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete