Translate

Wednesday 10 December 2014

The little things mean a lot.

I seem always to be writing about drugs . They are a large part of modern life after all. About 50% of men in the U.K. are taking a prescription drug at any one time after all so I suppose we should be used to it. My family has the kind of D.N.A that is issued as a karmic punishment beating for soulswho shagged sacred cattle in a previous life and so I have
been taking BP. meds since I was 30.
But since the onset of EDS my pharmacy visits have involved a binbag.
Mostly I collect painkillers of One kind or another. lndomethacin to stop inflammation , pregabalin to stop me Killing myself and hurting too badly, and Tramadol. Tramadol SR. to keep a lid on thing s and quck acting for breakthrough pain. Readers will know that my GP. decided to cancel this last.one recently. Well I wrote him a forceful email not quite stating that I would ha ve him before an ethics comittee anl he backed down claiming a minor clerical error.
Hmmm
That minor error had me in agony of fear over what the hell I would do if he cut me off. These things are Not minor to those of us who depend on them. Other clerical errors like that have left me suicidal.
Everyone is human but dr. you need to see what these things mean. l, had given 3 previous polite queries about that prescription and it was only when I got heavy that it was changed. clerical error my arse.

G .

1 comment:

  1. Ignorant fucksticks. That definitely feels like it'll have been a directive From On High to get everyone off tramadol, or something like that. I've just had my morphine cut for similar reasons; "Sorry, we know you need it, but we need to get some blahblah documents from your old GP first - It'll only take a couple of months so just hang in there fuckyoudaisy!"

    Political fashion - in this case, the fashion for being more concerned about The Hypothetical Addict Who Might Derive Pleasure From Using Their Medication than about the actual patient who's in front of you - should NEVER drive policy.

    If we're getting right into it, what's actually wrong with enjoying the feeling of not being in pain? It's not like you could take your meds for funsies when you're not in pain, since you DO need to save them up for when you. Getting cheerfully stoned on Day One would just mean you spent all of Week Four gibbering in a pile.

    ReplyDelete