Translate

Thursday 6 November 2014

Physio

Physio is a fact of life for anyone with EDS. Or it should be .
Our joints are not the luxury models you stiffs have , we don't h - ave ligaments holding our Joints together, just muscles.
So physio may not be the gentle waving of legs you imagine. For me a full physio session, a thing I am supposed to do every day, would be the following...
20 minutes on a cross trainer to warm up
3x 10 sit-ups
3×10 leg raises
3X5 chin ups (assisted)
3x5 dips
3X 10 back extensions
3x8 bench press
3×8 inclined bench press
3x10 shoulder press
3X 10 front shoulder raises
3X 10 shrugs
3X10 shoulder flies
3X 10 Bicep curls
3X 10 leg press
3 X 10 Squats
3Xl0 ROWS

Thats every day. oh and th ere's some other ones l dont even have a name for
It takes about 2 hours.

Sounds healthy huh?
No doubt if l was on benefits I would be held up as a cheat. But it | dont do it I lose the ability to move,. And it is often very painful indeed. My shoulders sublux all the time and walking is awful. My hands hurt on the weights and my ribs pop out.

It is like being sentenced to hard labour wth no hope of a reprieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment