Translate

Friday 20 February 2015

I may be part dalek

I made a classic mistake a week or two ago. I walked down a corridor.
Now I know what you are thinking...reckless fool how can he be let out alone? Needless to say the corridor exacted it's righteous vengeance by causing my right leg, previously known as Mr. Good Leg, to not work.  For those of you with the good fortune never to have experienced a sublux just imagine that your leg suddenly has no strength in it. You topple over..grab the wall...swear...
Of course then the trouble starts. The sublux may or may not reduce on its own(this one i think has not) but it will have caused damage to the tissue around the joint. So your hip stops being a hip and becomes a toothache.
This means any walk beyond about 50m is impossibly painfull. So Davros the wheelchair comes back out.
For anyone who has not spent time in a wheelchair I urge you to do it one day. Round a town centre. Normal day. Not only does it make everything soooo much harder it also gives people a licence to treat you like a vegetable, patronise you rigid or indeed just deny you service. Places such as David Lloyd Ipswich, about whom I shall be blogging anon. There is no experience like it for making you feel like crap.
Now of course Mr Hip being out of whack makes Mr Knee hurt which makes Captain Back hurt etc etc. In fact hip pain doesnt always feel like hip pain. To me it often feels like someone is squeezing my testicle.
So then theres one whole side of your body you can't sleep on. And that means the other side gets slept on too much. And hurts.
There has been a good deal of Davros recently and no end in sight. Dalekery abounds.
As I mentioned tother day I am a bit depressed. On Wednesday for one reason or another I was alone. I spent it on the sofa. All I could do was think of lots of ways of killing myself. Knives. Electricity. Chemicals. Crashing the car. Hanging. I could work out ways of doing it neatly. Ways to contain the perimortem incontinence. Methods to ensure wife or child did not find me because they dont need that.
But oddly not one method worked on a sofa.
So I stayed there.
So the evidence...I get around on wheels. I struggle with stairs. And sofas offer protection from my weaponry.
I am becoming a Dalek.

2 comments:

  1. By coincidence, that very day I watched the first of the Ninth Doctor's Dalek episodes. Have you given any consideration to merging yourself with Rose Tyler in some way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well it is a hobby...

      I did like that episode. one of the best dalek episodes ever. right up there with GotD which is HIGH praise

      Delete