Translate

Thursday 26 February 2015

Perfect Day...

I am in a bad place as you may have guessed. My expressive and sensitive friend has done a piece about opiates so it feels appropriate to share that amongst my other issues I am coming off tramadol.
I started this 2 days ago and have been slowly washing out.
The reasons are very personal. I am getting some additional pain cover and a cushion from the withdrawal from extra pregabalin. But its not good.
Trainspotting is a good resource on opiates dark side. For me the best scene is when Renton overdoses. He sinks into the carpet while Lou Reed sings perfect day.  That carpet is real. Taking an opiate is like sinking into a big warm shagpile carpet or lounging on a sheepskin rug in front of a fire. Withdrawal is the opposite.
I got the twitches first. Like having too much caffeine.  Jumping all the time.  Then the pain. New pain in odd places.
Today I am drained and faint.

I wanted this post to be longer and more poetic. But a big carpet just spit me out into the cold while Lou Reed sings backwards.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck dear horse - If you get the weird restless-limbs thing at night, I find that brushing the limbs affected with a really stiff bristle hairbrush makes it slightly better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take good care much-loved horse/friend.

    ReplyDelete