Translate

Wednesday 3 June 2015

A day in the life

My experience with the local MH delivery team may be instructive.

I was referred there by my GP BEFORE the current shitstorm because, in his words, 'you've always been fucking miserable and socially disfunctional and it needs sorting'

Whilst waiting for the referral the shitstorm hit which plonked a load of accute shite on top.

The psychiatrist at the delivery team was only interested in the accute shite and washed her hands of the original reason for the referral.  The antidepressants offerred I had to come off and she basically ran out of options v quickly, just prescribing sleeping pills for the insomnia.

The team guy they assigned me to is only interested in short term goals because his management say he has to show things being done/helped in a practical way.

there is no move towards diagnosis or treatment of the underlying condition.

team member ( hello clarice) is saying they will refer me back to gp care.  I know gp will bounce me round again to them.  and so the circle of life continues.

welcome to MH care in the UK

4 comments:

  1. 'MH care' - sorry I see no care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well indeed. the psyciatrist is basically acting like a signpost not a care professional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well indeed. the psyciatrist is basically acting like a signpost not a care professional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can say that again.

    Oh, you just did. ;)

    ReplyDelete