Translate

Monday 29 June 2015

Over futile odds, and laughed at by the gods

Today has been rough.  I did manage to do some work on a chapter this morning but that used up everything I had.  Couldn't even go to the gym.  The afternoon was dedicated to sleep.
I have a nasty sore throat going on and a lot of joint pain.  I don't know if this is coincidental or flu.  thing with EDS is that it feels like you have flu most days even when you don't.
My mood is...troubling.  My old twin brain system is working well I suppose.  Spock is running things.  Did a lot of child wrangling over the weekend.  Even had a grown up night out on Saturday.
But to say my heart is not in it is an understatement.  My mood underneath is blackest midnight.  I am a zombie, carrying on the motions wearing the meat of a living person.  My hands make capering motions.  That is all.
Mrsinky was away, at a concert, with company all weekend.
I couldn't cope.
Now she is back and needs my help.  And I give it.  Because part of me thinks if I just help her hard enough she will come back and I can live again.


3 comments:

  1. We're getting into King Lear territory with your title there -

    As flies to wanton boys, are we to the gods, -
    They kill us for their sport.

    Thinking of you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Inky. Larry-the-new-silver-tabby says hi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy's finest hour, and my one and only karaoke song. Many thanks for that earworm, Senator.

    ReplyDelete