Translate

Monday 15 June 2015

Do you have duck legs? No I always walk like this

So today a drive to Luton to persuade a surgeon to remove the hernia repair mesh which has been paining me since he put it in... turned an asymptomatic hernia I didn't know I had into a constant literal ballache. The drive has left me in a lot of pain. And then the luton and dubstable hosputal charged me for parking. Blue badge notwithstanding.
When I got home I had some duck legs to cook. Having cooked them I now lack the energy to eat them. But here goes.
Caramelised Fondant Duck Legs.
First prick the legs. Deep.
Set the oven to 140c. Put the legs on some foil then tent the foil up over them, crimping the top. Try not to let foil touch the top. Cook them this way sealed in with tgeir own juice for 1.5 to 2 hrs until tge meat is very tender. Open up and tip out the juice, saving it to make gravy. Turn oven up to 180c.
Using a brush brush soy sauce over the legs. Let them dry a little then grind salt on top, then druzzle over thoroughly with golden syrup. Pop em in the enhottened oven and cook till browned. Take out and repeat glaze and caramelise again. Repeat until desired shinonomminess.
Then be too tired to eat.

7 comments:

  1. Pass 'em over: I'll eat them!

    Bit early in the day for a bottle of shiraz to accompany.

    NHS parking changes are a fucking disgrace, and all managers who put them in place should be used as the wall up against which the rest of NHS managers should be put. Unless they can convince a panel of me and The Bread Goddess that they are fit to survive...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy's exempt from that, of course...

      Delete
    2. *Cough* I worked in health education/promotion so I was a sort of hybrid. And I left 15 years ago! So I have gone native now.

      Delete
    3. A lesser (and braver) man would make a comment about Cathy up against the wall. I am just a lesser man.

      Nice legs, Jake.

      Delete
    4. And you've been spending too much time in the company of sweary, bolshy ex MH nurses with an attitude problem and other such like difficult types.

      Delete
    5. You flatter yourself. No way am I as 'difficult' as you!!!!

      Delete