Translate

Monday 29 June 2015

It's a beautiful warm summer's day...

Not a song lyric this time.  Its from Sapphire and Steel, the one with the railway station.  One of my favourites and one of the best TV drama series ever. IMHO.  Also Lumley.

I am still stuck in a bit of a quagmire but trying to push my way through piece by piece.  I have a nasty throat infection going on, and cannot get through to the doctors.  Speaking of which here is a vignette which gives an idea of my current situation wrt MH services here.

So at the moment I have a preliminary diagnosis of Asperger's-like syndrome with PD.  The psychiatrist, who from the start acted more like the scarecrow from the wizard of oz ( you could go this way, or you could go that way....) said she wasnt going to diagnose it, i needed a psychologist.  She then gave me a list of psychologists she had heard of and suggested I contact them.
I tried, but most of them were not taking patients, and certainly not that way.  So i asked her for additional help.  Not much occurred there so after trying again I asked my GP what to do.  he said he could refer direct to Adult Services (not as fun as it sounds) and so he did.  But because I am on the books at the MH team the request bounced straight back to them, and they said I should sort it myself because paperwork and it takes too long.

So even a diagnosis is denied me by Dr Fuckwit and her stooges.

If I wasn't suicidal before I went, I am now,  The lesson here is that there is no help.  This is as good as I will ever feel.  I just have to decide if I can put up with that.  I suspect the answer is no.

9 comments:

  1. I tell you I feel like crying. What total total crap. The NHS can and should do better. Talk to PALS or Healthwatch. It's not bloody good enough.

    http://www.healthwatchsuffolk.co.uk/

    Mrs Angry - oh and love and hugs and gentle stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again, inky. Our good friend murmur is struggling to post comments on your blog, so asked me to post this:

    "Can you pass on these 2 links to him (related to his most recent post)?

    http://www.nsft.nhs.uk/Our-services/Pages/Autism-Diagnostic-Service-Suffolk-.aspx

    https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/371869/Autism_Statutory_Guidance_Consultation_Draft_Guidance.pdf

    And tell him that his psychiatrist is talking shit and is clearly trying to worm out of providing a service."

    Hope this helps. Cathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not ok. but still here. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For what it's worth, we're on your side, shoulder to shoulder.

    (That sounds like a rugby scrum!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. FFS!

    Getting into a nuclear power station was easier than this!

    Right: of the links Cathy kindly posted, the first is probably the service you were referred to, so tell adult MH services that if they are not prepared to make a diagnosis to expedite a sodding referral on to the appropriate one, i.e. the one in the link. The second was to give an idea of what Teh Gubbmint says you should get.

    As the trust in question was headed for special measures earlier in the year, you might want to get on to your local MP also - IME letters from annoyed MPs get action, 'cos managers are like that.

    The psychiatrist is an arse, only a bit less useful at present...

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou kindly badger nurse, I will let you know what happens. Im loking back and seeing more n more of my childhood explained by aspieness. did baron cohens eyes test online. got 16/36 and some of those were blind guesses. normal is 25 to 29

      Delete
    2. There were a number of reasons I, initially facetiously then more seriously, commented that you display some Aspie-like features, which included some of your descriptions of your childhood.

      But, hey, one of my former colleagues would semi-joke that I was Aspie, then one of the consultants semi-joked that I had ADHD...Neither are right: my social, errrrrr, unusualness is due to not meeting a child my own age until I started primary school at four and a half, only to find that they were a bunch of gits.

      Delete