Translate

Wednesday 15 July 2015

and so we beat on, boats against the stream...

OK so on Monday I was taken in to A and E by a combination of hunky police and wiry paramedics, given tea, assessed and ...sent home.
The politics of the IDT meant the team at the hospital couldnt formulate a care plan, and said they would sort it and call me yesterday.
They didnt, of course.  Well, you knew that.
Today kicked off with a massive attack of the squits, at 5am.  probably something I ate.  OK now tho. But it left me exhausted.
And still no care, or care plan, or contact with care professionals.
At 2pm the manager of all the local IDTs, I suspect that makes him Sauron, rang.
Basically he was saying he was looking at what PALS had said, and I had said, and was calling the IDT to point out that what I had asked for, although tricky, ws reasonable, and must be done.  So victory.
However...
He said he felt that things with me and them were sooo fucked that maybe I should transfer to another IDT locally.  I suspect this may be a good idea.  But it is likely to take several weeks. In the meantime I am left with Clarice, a broken relationship and nothing much else.
He, like me, did not understand why they had been so pigheaded all the way along when it was clearly damaging me.
but then who does understad that?
anyhoo...we shall see wha happens.  He was phoning Clarice to ask about that urgent care plan from monday.  no contact so far.  cant be that urgent.

6 comments:

  1. This Dr Snidearse, do you reckon that she's a bullying/psychopathical controller of her IDT team? She treated you badly. Your perfectly reasonable and rational request that she not be involved in your care, even after PALS' intervention, was agreed to - and then completely ignored - by the team.

    I've read that bullying is endemic in the NHS and wonder if she somehow holds unnatural power over that team. That's the only explanation I can come up with that makes any sense of their behaviour. A toxic working environment, a kind of folie a groupe, manipulative leadership? Because otherwise, it makes no sense in the outside world.

    I hope you don't have too long a wait. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is certainly possible. The other thing is that the team is not very flexible in their thinking and that I do not easily fit into a box. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me of The Prisoner....'I am a free man!'

    But it seems to me that Sauron is taking a pretty sensible approach and has acknowledged the justice of your case. This is very good. Be patient as care is hopefully put in place now - but keep kicking butts if you need to.

    Some CMHTs are really badly managed. Mine was not - my CPN was absolutely first class. You drew a short straw but keep going because you are entitled to support!

    All best love old horsey friend. Oats for your nosebag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place abounds with people far cleverer than me, with more practical knowledge, giving sound advice to someone they care about deeply. But know this, Inky, if you need someone to shit in Dr, Snidearse's handbag, I'm your man.

    Also, I could try a bit of brain surgery if you think that'd help, I nicked the scrubs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As comments go I really can't beat that one ;) Thus speaks a loyal friend (MH himself)!

    ReplyDelete