Translate

Thursday 23 April 2015

...like tears in rain

So anyway tonight I went to the IFT to see Blade Runner on the silver screen in a decent cut. I last saw this on its release which was a shit cut.
Ash has dutifuly agreed to join me. He has made it plain that I was correct that that was not a date. And nor was this. But he was available unexpectedly and I am still pitiable enough so he agreed to alleviate my billynomates status.
Last time the theatre was empty. Tonight the spod army was out in force so we fought for seats.
Also not helping was the fact the theatre in the same building had an easy listening irishman singing. So the near dead, recetly dead and freshly reanimated of suffolk had dragged their zimmers along for fun and profit. Interesting mash with the sk8terbois.
On reflection a film about the brevity of life amongst emotionally crippled manlike beings may not have been choice no 1. But it is so lush in its realisation. And yes the horny horse is important.
This horny horse is struggling. I had a sofa day today. I have discontinued mirtazapine. Munchies too bad. It was making me eat till i hurt. Not good on a bypass.
I am really not getting the idea that I actually want to recover. In fact I think I dont. I feel like I am just waiting to stop moving.
So after film went our separate ways. I would have done anything right then to continue some human contact. Friendly pint...sex...even being beaten up would be a meaningful interchange. Just where I am right now. But both of us needed to be off and doing.
I might get the hang of this friend thing in 50 more years or so.

6 comments:

  1. Mirtazapine is absolutely notorious for the munchies. I remember it well. But there are alternatives, lots of them, if you go back to the psychiatrist (most unpopular advice ever!).

    Keep going inky. We're clip clopping along beside you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thing is I ate tilll I was in pain and still wanted to eat. more worryingly still have abdo pain, and abdo muscle tension, nearly 2 days later. Also reflux. Actually quite worried about damage. If it persists will ring the Luton hospital i think.

      Delete
  2. This is still a serious business, but I cannot shake the image of you cramming box after box of noodles down yer gob in a rainy alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I can imagine inky as Harrison Ford. Must stop drooling. ;)

      Delete
  3. I look far more like Hugh Laurie (according to my niece anyway) than Harrison Ford.
    Ash did wonder why the future is always dark in sci fi. as in rainy night time. I said I thought it dated back to Soylent Green. Pleased if anyone can update me but I think SG and DOA and possibly even the other Trumbullgasm Silent Running ( if you havent seen those three do so now) may be responsible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and finally, where did Roy Batty get the pigeon from?

    ReplyDelete