Translate

Thursday 30 April 2015

...the martians could land in the carpark and no-one would care.

So today was a game of two halves sort of.  This morning I visited the doctor and explained that I wanted the prolene mesh that the surgeon implanted in me without permission 2 years ago removed. From the word go it caused me more pain than anything else in the surgery. Being a chronic pain patient I basically ignore it (thing is I reckon the pain would be a constant 2-3  peaking to 7 or 8 on a normal persons scale.  For me its another one of the list for when someone asks what hurts. Its less than my hypermobile spiney bits but more than the displaced wrists) but it is always there, Whenever I exercise, or am tired, or, importantly ejaculate.  Last nights solitary soothing exercise one would have thought there was a knife sticking into my gut. I want it out.
So they are referring me back to the Luton and Dunstable, which is a pain because I have never yet managed to get that place to send me an appointment.  They use paper.  You ring them and ask to make an appointment, they say we will send you one.  You say, no, that doesnt work, it never gets here, they say we will send you another.  When you say please just tell me the day/time they act like you are crazy.
I also wanted a rheumie appointment to deal with my shoulders.  and hips.  but mainly shoulders.  The doc said basically there wasnt much a rheumy could do for me so try a physio first (for which you self refer). So I rang them up.
Again with the paper fetish.
Also I was trying to explain to the receptionist that I needed a physio experienced in EDS-HT.  She just latched onto the word Hypermobility and said "yes our senior physios do that all the time"
Well call me Mr Suspitchy Doubttrousers but I think the nuance between hypermobility, the symptom, and Hypermobility Syndrome, the pigfucking hyaenabitch from hell is lost on you.  Well since NHS choices for many years used the terms interchangeably I cannot blame her.  But I suspect that come VE day when I am seeing some jobbing physio nerk that the presence of cluebringer would be greatly appreciated.

So that was part 1

In Part 2 I am applying for jobss.  and hating it.  I am not well enough.  but it is something to do.

3 comments:

  1. Well done on keeping busy. You are reaching Blackadder standards with this gem: "Mr Suspitchy Doubttrousers", unless it was originally coined by Blackadder of course! Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I genuinely think that Job would've won Satan a bet if the simple act of firing off knuckle babies caused such pain. That refuge surely should be sacrosanct? This is nothing more than a vestige of my own just universe delusion, but I'm clinging to it.

    In a more practical advice vein, I note that you may need a meaty cluebringer in the near future, and also that your penis is getting up before you in the morning. I shall have a long hard think about this one and get back to you with any solutions that may arise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i suspect thwacking a physio with my penis may be met with arrest.
    But yes, the all time no 1 solo male activity should really be sacrosanct.

    ReplyDelete