Translate

Sunday 8 March 2015

Porridge wars and droopy drawers

I am aware that at least one noble avian over on Bad Science has declared war on bad porridge.
Around here due to morning rush I have been guilty of using Oat So Simple sachets as a lazyporridge.
This inevitably means that we have loadsasachets gathering dust. Various flavours.
I am loathe to throw them away because starving wild slime moulds etc...so what to do?
COOOOOKKIIIIEEEES!!!!!
So I thought oat and raisin cookies.
So here goes...
3oz butter
3oz castr sugar
Big old dollop honey
1 egg
1tsp cinnamon
3 oz SR flour
2 sachets Oat So Simple. Pick a flavour.
4 oz raisins

Cream butter and sugar and honey. Add egg and cinnamon. Mix to a soft slop.
Add in all other ingredients. Stir.
Spoon onto tray but  leave room as they spread. Cook 185c 15 mins till browned.

How do they taste? Pretty good. The flavouring from the sachet does come through though so be warned.

Now on to part two. File the above under displacement activity.
Today has been good. Suicide monkey is frightened of foal. Its been quiet. Of course Mrsinky is now back so monkey is ooking in the background.
But as i  said in earlier posts body has not been good. A LOT of pain in wrists shoulders and feet.
My asthma is crazy. 3 attacks today. Im maxed on preventer and the ventolin has given me the shakes. The back neighbours have a bonfire going. This is not good.
But the worst news is myasthenia. This is new for me. It may be real or percieved. But a few times my legs have folded rising ftom a chair. I have been dizzy and weak and pre syncopic.
I know this is something that Bitey and others from the flange have all the time. But for me given all I did today was do  a stroll to some mounds with Nick (who was great but sexagenarian at least) setting the pace.
My golden holiday when a PhD student was hiking in the alps doing 40k per day. I suppose somehow I have always thought I might do it again.

Or not.

The beauty of those alpine meadows was breathtaking. I suppose those flowers will have to bloom in my memory.

The more I go on with this yhe more I feel my life is closing down. I am losing my self piece by piece. Dying by inches.
Fuck this shit.

3 comments:

  1. Barm, I have no idea what to say. So I'm going straight for the practical; Myaesthenia on standing could be POTS or similar - Carry a salt lick (I use to have one of those fancy pink salt crystals to piss off hippies, now I just use salt packs nicked from catering) and tense your legs before standing up.

    Or it could just be terrible. I had a 51 year old today complaining to me about slowing down and feeling old after a twenty mile bike ride.

    Shouldn't be envious, shouldn't be envious, shouldn't be envious.

    I really know the feel of the loss of the self - You seem to be about as sort of physically-identified as I am (No matter how sharp the mind stays, the identity is all caught up in the 24-hour walks in the snow and the heat in the shoulders after a good spot of powerlifting) and it is fucking horrible. I wish you didn't feel it. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you know. I wish you fidnt for your sake.
      The irony is just as i get a body i can stand to look at and finally believe i could rate as doable in poor lighting the fucking thing shuts down.
      Its a rough night.
      Pots is something I wonder about. I have all sorts of lovely disautonomia. My sleeping pulse is 30 or less. Sitting down its 42. Standing up it will jump to 120.
      Of course I also get dumping syndrome which xauses pulse racing so i cant say for definite.
      The sleep pilse thing adds to mirning problems.
      But the rising weskness....i think its something else. My hand eye coordination is up the spout too. Eyes dont track keyboard properly so i geyt one letter transposes. Y for t etc. That is getting way worse.
      How soon till brain transplants?

      Delete
  2. Read and cared about. ♥

    ReplyDelete