Translate

Friday 6 March 2015

Oddly one can have too much of a bad thing

I think it is fair to say that I am at something of a low ebb. Mind you its not being made better by Starbucks literally this second playing "At Seventeen". I think they are trying to finish me off.
Last night Mrsinky was back late. This was not good for a number of reasons.

I had a day where I was forced to speak to The Hutt with whom I am arguing. I also had Boss emailing me 5 times for documents on a research contract. The ones that I had emailed to him in July. I got them by searching through sent items. I also had a somewhat stormy parent consultation visit at Foals school...more about which I may post later. And I had to cope with a visit from my dad who cannot ever just let things lie. I also had a massive project peer review to do and a contract research piece.
That's bosses idea of off sick.
On top of this I hot my first asthma attack in a year. A bad one. An on the floor wanting to die one.
People think asthma is wheezing. In fact the inflammation and airway tightening is accompanied by muchs formation. My asthma attacks are coughing fits.
Imagine you cough. Then cough again. And again.  Every time you vreathe in you cough. Your diaphragm hurts. A pressure builds in your head. All you can do is cough and suck decreasing volumes of air. Then cough. Then vomit because the coughing triggers a gag. Then cough.
Ventolin helps. But you have to breathe it in...
Well I am up to 3 attacks now in 24 hrs. I came into town today and forgot the inhaler. Luckily my time teaching pharmacists let me know the regs enough to get one from boots before it got too bad but i nearly had one here.
You can blame the cold I am just getting over, which often gives me twitchy lungs or stress. Whichever.
So last night I fell asleep waiting for mrsinky to get back. Woke crying around 2.30
Woke crying at 4.30
Woke crying at 5.30
Stayed awake crying watching 2012.
Then did the school run
Now hiding in Starbucks from the Suicide Monkey, his friend the despair squid and the asthma penguin.
And i cant straighten up or lift my arm above shoulder height.
You know it sounds odd, but there may cone a time when I get tired of yhis.

5 comments:

  1. All that and asthma too? Good grief Inky. *long distance sympathetic glances*.

    In other news, I've also spent several weeks adapting and perfecting various biscuit recipes, on the basis that if I'm going to eat biscuits I might as well make them as well and as yummy as possible with good ingredients. I'm currently near the end of experimenting with one that now uses wholemeal SR flour, oats, brown sugar, butter, treacle and ginger. Considering a pinch of some extra other spice to deepen and round out the flavour - coriander? allspice? cloves? Foal might like them but they're formed into little balls not cut into animal or other shapes.

    It's based on an old Good Housekeeping book recipe from 1965. Unfortunately, in the book, they're called "Nig Nogs"... which I know was also a perfectly ordinary name for cycling teams at one time. Desperately trying to rename them in my head, or call them "The Biscuits With No Name". If someone can think of a name I'll post the recipe on here.

    Sorry about the monkey. Take care of yourself. Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would suggest allspice or anise. Maybe caraway seed. Dark brown and forned into balls? Clearly horse poo biscuits

      Delete
  2. Crying in the night is horrible. OH has been doing that - horrific work stress. Now I have a migraine as making sympathetic noises and Ovaltine for distressed hubbies at 2 am gets tiring....hope things look up for you inky. Best love, Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When pain and fever wrack the brow a ministering angel thou...

      Migraleve dark room and bach cello suites.
      And drop some acid if you can. It frequently aborts migraines.
      I hate being this wet and drippy

      Delete
    2. Hope you're all feeling better soon. And something isotonic next to the bed instead of water is good for not waking up with quite such a sore head after a night of uncontrollable crying.

      Today is a fuckstick. No redeeming it.

      Delete