Translate

Wednesday 4 March 2015

Biscadelia

A few may be wondering what of my work with eliza actons biscuits?
Well we progress mes petites we progress.
The first of tonights two recipes are my latest modification on threadneedle biscuits.
Elizas recipe was robust. It tasted ok but was very hard. Like a bath oliver with bones. But it tasted a bit like rich tea. I realised it came from an age when biscuits were expected to last for months as travelling food.
Soooo
New version. 1lb flour. Self raising. Add 1 extra tsp baking powder. 3oz butter 2tbs veg oil. Rub in well. Add 4oz sugar. Mix well. Add about 2/3 of a 410g can of evaporated milk . Enough to combine into a very stiff paste. Like hard pastry.
Beat the living feck out of it. Knead that baby. I use my trusty kenwood because handfail.  The dough will come togethrr.
Roll it out thin...about an eigth of an inch thick.
Cook in an oven at 140c until firm all over.
They are rather easier to eat and even more rich teaey.

3 comments: