Translate

Saturday 28 March 2015

Chasing the dragon

OK so today dawned.
I tried to persuade it not to but it did so anyway.
Although I am nowhere near as afflicted as me good friend Percy sleep is the time when the evil pixie of EDS comes out to play. It's a bit like the E.L. Wisty sketch about old men coming into your room and throwing rubbish on you. In my specific case this rubbish is normally manifested as subluxed shoulder or knees.  I lie on my side, being unable to sleep on my back. This means one shoulder is compressed, and oer time slides sideways out of its socket.  eventually the pain becomes unbearable and I have to move, then whimper, then put it back in, turn over and start again.  Also because I am on my side the top knee is at a funny angle and so...you get the picture.
Last night was bad and I slept little.
However I have to say this morning, tho  rushed, I feltt ok.  The sedation from Mirtazapine was not so strong.  Also my mood was lifted because today was tattoo day...
I am a tattoo virign but frankly think they look awesome on the blokes in the gym.  So I booked with the lovely Terry Parish of Drawing Blood and had him stick an oriental dragon across me.  After consultation I had it draped across my shoulder.  I got him to make the claws look like they were digging in to my shoulder.  Why?  That dragon is how my nightly shoulder pain feels.
Anyway, here it is.  I will need another session to get it shaded in but I personally think it is lovely.  So there.
Terry was astonished at how well I sat.  He kept asking if I was OK.  To be honest I was nearly asleep.  It was so much less pain than I am used to.




7 comments:

  1. It's very striking. Good gracious!

    Tattoos are seemingly very popular with bipolar people in times of mania; so far I have resisted and bought Hello Kitty merchandise instead - which can be passed onto Oxfam in periods of (relative) sanity. Much love Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I like it! I find it quite beautiful, with a traditional choice of subject and design, and drawn with real skill. Looking forward to seeing it crayoned-in.

    More pics when done, please.

    Hope the new Mirtazapine (had to look back for spellng, enough probs remembering my own meds names let alone other people's) works with as few bad side effects as possible.

    Next, muffins...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I am having to fight the urge to spend the rest of the day re-watching The Water Margin though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG looking amazing : Will it be coloured or black and white?

    Join me on the dark side, where every spare penny goes in the tattoo fund. You're making me want to get mine done, now.

    Also, if you've not stocked up on Bepanthen, do so now - It kills the itching faster than anything else, and makes you smell like sheep.

    And if you liked linework, you're going to love shading. On my last session, I fell asleep and started purring and making little happy noises. Apparently not actually all that unusual.

    Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See section northeast of the lower claw?
      That is as it will be shaded. Eaach scale done individually japanese greyscale. Terry is a fast workerbut perfectionist. Whole thing was freehand basically. Sticking with japan black ink which will fade bluish over the years.
      No itching so far. Bit sore but nowhere near eds sore.

      Delete
  5. Good choice - Colour gets unpredictable over the years, but black does just go bluey-green.

    It's going to be amazing. When's the next session?

    ReplyDelete